Not all cases are eligible for expungement; however, there is another option that may be beneficial. Seeking a pardon in the state where your conviction occurred may the best solution to receive criminal record relief.
In order to apply for a pardon, there are certain requirements that may need to be met and certain application procedures that must be completed. This information can be found in great detail at www.pardon411.com.
If you are applying for a pardon in Pennsylvania, below you will find the eligibility requirements and the process for applying.
To be eligible for a pardon in Pennsylavania you must:
- Determine if you are eligible for a Pennsylvania Pardon. Please visit RecordGone.com to take the free eligibility test
- Typically there are no minimum eligibility requirements
- You may apply if you are still in prison
To apply for a Pennsylvania pardon:
Provide the Board of Pardons an $8.00 money order, cashier’s check, law firm check, or institution check, payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to obtain your Pardon Application at:
- The Board of Pardons
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17126
The Board will not accept personal checks
Obtain a copy of your Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record by:
- Calling the Pennsylvania State Police, Central Repository at 717-783-9973
- Making an online request at http://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Prepare personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- Submit completed Pardon Application to the Board of Pardons